Facebook photo albums are not just brag books for proud parents who want to show off their two (or four-legged) children.
Facebook is one of the world’s largest photo-sharing sites (even surpassing Flicker and Photobucket). Many groups and individuals use Facebook albums to promote various interests. Think of the potential power of creating a Facebook photo album for your organization, campaign, or business!
Who’s Using Facebook Photo Albums?
Facebook albums can be used to increase interest in a product, a business, or an event.
One of my friends belongs to a quilters’ guild. The guild has a Facebook page with a photo album of members’ quilted art pieces. Another album shows images of quilters and their works at various exhibits and venues.
Politicians utilize social media as part of their campaign strategies, especially to connect with their constituents before, during, and after elections. Those who study the effects of social media conclude that “posts that include photo albums receive 180 percent more engagement than the average post.”
A local kennel club uses Facebook albums on their club page to increase breed awareness and showcase club events. One of their Facebook albums is particularly popular – the “brag book” of successful rescue adoptions.
Your Facebook Album can be Ready in Minutes
All it takes to create a Facebook album is a few minutes of your time and some photos.
- Access your Facebook home page.
- Click on the “Select Photos/Video” tab next to “Update Status” on the status bar of your News Feed.
- Click on “Create Photo Album” next to “Add Photos/Video.” You will be directed to your computer’s hard drive.
- Select photos from your hard drive and click “Open.”
- While your photos upload, you will see 3 empty text fields on the top of the Facebook page. Click on the “Untitled Album” to give your album a name.
- Add information in the “Where Were These Taken” and “Say Something About This Album fields.
- Decide whether you want the photos to display in standard or high quality resolution by checking the corresponding box.
- Use click and drag to put your photos in the order you prefer. (Or, you can click on the “Order by Date” option.
- Choose an album cover. The default cover is the first photo in your album unless you choose the “Make an Album Cover” option and select a different photo.
- Choose your Privacy setting selections.
- Once your photos have uploaded, you can add descriptions to the individual photos.
- Click “Post Photos” to finish the album-creating process. Your photos will post to Facebook.
You may add, delete, or edit your photos at any time. And you may also add more photo albums to your Facebook page, too. The general recommendation is to include no more than 25 photos in one album.
When you want to draw attention to your organization, your campaign, or a special event, remember to put Facebook photo albums to work for you.