What’s your late-breaking news? Graduation, an engagement, a campaign or a fund-raiser? Chances are that you’re sharing and receiving your news on your Facebook Page’s News Feed.
The Facebook News Feed serves a multiple of functions. It displays:
- Status updates
- Photos and videos
- App activities
- Groups that you follow on Facebook
What Appears on News Feeds
What appears on your News Feed is influenced by your and your Facebook Friends’ activity on Facebook. The more interactive you and your friends are sharing with each other, the more appears on your News Feed, including:
- The number of likes and comments a post receives.
- The type of “story” it is (such as a video, photo, or status update).
You’re in Control
You have considerable control over what you see in your News Feed by adjusting your News Feed preferences. How? Look at these options:
View Your News Feed Preferences
- Click the down icon (in the top right corner of any Facebook page).
- Click on News Feed Preferences.
- Click on People, Pages, or Groups to sort by category such as Alphabetical Order.
Adjust Your News Feed Preferences
- Click on Following next to a Page, Person, or Group to unfollow; you will no longer see their stories posted in your News Feed.
- Change your mind? Click on Follow next to a Page, Person, or Group seeing their stories again.
Adjust Your News Feed Preferences in Your Mobile Browser
- Tap the Menu
- Scroll down to locate and tap on News Feed Preferences.
- To sort by category, tap on People, Pages, or Groups, and then tap Seen Most Last Week.
- Select the viewing order (e.g., Alphabetical Order) if you so choose.
Adjust your News Feed via Mobile Browser
- Tap on Following next to a Person, Page, or Group to unfollow; you will no longer see their stories in your News Feed.
- To reverse your Unfollow request, tap Follow next to the chosen Person, Page, or Group; their stories will appear in your News Feed.
Fine Tuning News Feed Content
You also may hide a story that appears in your News Feed.
- Click the down icon in the top right area of the story.
- Select “I don’t want to see this” to hide an individual story.
- Select “See less from [Name]” to see fewer stories from a Person, Page, or Group who posted the story.
- Select “Hide All” to remove stories posted by People, Pages, and Groups to which you are not connected.
NOTE: follow this same process if you wish to complete any of these actions from your mobile browser.
The Order of Their Posting
You have the options to see stories in your News Feed either as Top Stories, or in the order they were posted (Most Recent).
- Click on the down icon next to News Feed (located in the left column of your Homepage). Click on Most Recent. Your stories now appear in the order that they were posted.
- Click on the down icon next to News Feed (located in the left column of your Homepage. Click on Top Stories to view posts from those of your Friends, Pages, and Groups with whom you interact the most; other popular stories will also appear at the top of your News Feed.
NOTE: accomplish the same viewing adjustments from your mobile browser by scrolling to the top of News Feed, tapping on the menu icon, and selecting Most Recent. BTW, your News Feed will eventually return to the default Top Stories view.
Make any of these simple viewing adjustments to create a customized view of your News Feed that works best for your interests and time.