It’s been a decade since Facebook entered our lives and the way it has dominated the social media platform is certainly amazing. From teens to adults and even senior citizens (yes it’s true!) Facebook is being used widely all over. Though it is used mostly for sharing photos and updates, there are various features that you can enjoy with your friends and chill out with, which many are not aware of. I’ve come up with 7 such awesome Facebook tips that you will definitely find cool.
Tip #1 – Enjoy your Facebook Photos in Large Size without having to Open Them
This is real cool tip that I’ve found. Usually to view a picture, you need to click on it. But the Photo Zoom browser extension for Facebook makes the job easier. You can view large photos just by pointing your mouse on the photos present in your timeline. The extension makes the full sized photo appear on the screen. This browser extension is present for Firefox, Chrome, and Safari too.
Tip # 2- Find out Who is Online When You are Offline
If you are an avid Facebook user like me, being offline and not knowing which of your friends are online and busy updating their status can be frustrating. But I’ve found a way out of this fix. The application Online Now is just the right one to have to find out your friends who are online. This can be searched for in the Facebook Search bar.
Tip# 3- How to Publish Empty Status
You might have often come across many of your friends doing this trick and wondered how they did it. It’s very simple. Here’s how you do it.
- Login to your Facebook Account
- Copy the code >@[0:0: ]
- Paste the code in the status box and click on Post.
I’ve another easier way too.
- You click on the Status Box
- Press Alt and hold it and press 0173
- Click on Post
This is very much easy and similar to Posting Empty Status.
Tip # 4 – Posting a Blank Comment
While we’re on the topic of empty status, I thought this would also add to the awesome Facebook tips I’ve lined up. This is very similar to the above tip. Here’s how you do it.
- Login to your account on Facebook
- Go to the post where you want the blank comment to appear
- Click on the Add a Comment option
- Press and hold Alt and press 0173 and then hit Enter
- This is a recent one I’ve found- You can also just type ‘0’ in the comment section and it comes up as blank only
Tip # 5- thoose Who can View You in the Online Chat
Yes! I think everyone has some people on their friends’ list who they don’t want to talk particularly to. This is another of the awesome Facebook tips that I’ve come across.
Here’s how you do it:
- Click on the settings option present at the bottom part of the chat section
- Choose the Advanced settings
- In the options present, you can enter only the friends you want to chat with
Tip # 6 – Flip the Chat Messages or Facebook Status Upside down
This is a real cool trick I love to do! Whatever you type in the status or in the message section of your chat will be turned upside down.
How to do it:
- Visit the site http://www.upsidedowntext.com/ and type the sentence you want
- Everything you type will be flipped upside down and in reverse order too
- Copy the changed text and post it in your chat or status box
Isn’t this a cool one?
Tip # 7 – Play Pranks on Your Facebook Friends
This is another groovy one that makes your friends go gaga over it. It’s actually a prank and who doesn’t like one? Okay let’s see what the prank is about. You get a blurred text present above and below the Facebook status and it will hide other stories or photos on the timeline of your friend. They will think that something is wrong with the network and try refreshing the page or some even try to wipe the screen to get rid of the blurred text. So, how do you do it?
The Zalgo text generator tool helps to create the blurred or zalgo text. Here’s the link: http://fsymbols.com/generators/zalgo/.
These are some of the awesome Facebook tips that’ll make your time on Facebook cool and enjoyable. While some of these are very useful, others like the prank tip are downright funny and lets you have some real chill out time with your friends. Have a great time!