Facebook has launched its Call-to-Action button for Pages. Call-to-Action buttons are designed to expand and improve the way people interact with businesses. Businesses see this new function as a powerful way to expand their client/customer conversion rates.
What Calls to Action Are Available?
The currently available Call-to-Action (CTA) buttons are:
- Book Now
- Contact Us
- Use App
- Play Game
- Shop Now
- Sign Up
- Watch Video
NOTE: the CTA feature is still being rolled out and is not available for all Pages, yet. Periodically check to see if it has been added to your Page.
A Call-to-Action button can be added to your business Page at no cost. Here’s how to add your CTA feature:
- Access your Page’s cover photo; click “Create Call to Action.”
- Choose your CTA, enter your website’s URL and click “Next.” You can also enter the URL for your mobile website.
NOTE: if you add URL tagging to your destination URL, Google analytics can track visitors who click on your CTA (Call-to-Action) button.
- Select the destination for iOS mobile users – “web” or “App.”
- Repeat the destination selection process for Android users (on the next screen after the iOS destination selection screen).
- Click “Create” and you’re done.
The CTA feature makes it possible for you to see how many people have clicked your Page’s CTA button. You have two ways of viewing your visitor clicks:
- Hover on the CTA button on your Page, then hover on “View Insights.” You’ll be able to see how many clicks have been received in the past seven days.
- Click on “This Week” (located on the right side of your Page). Hover over the box that indicates the name of your CTA. Again, you’ll see how many people have clicked your CTA button for the past seven days.
Edit or Delete Your CTA
Your CTA doesn’t have to be a forever-unchanging offer for your customers, clients, or event participants. You may edit or delete a Call-to-Action whenever you want to.
- Access your Page; hover over “Create Call to Action.”
- To edit, choose “Edit Call to Action,” choose a new CTA and/or update the destination URLs, as needed.
- Click “Save Changes” to finish editing.
- Access your Page; hover over “Delete Call to Action.”
- Click “Save Changes.”
When adding a CTA to your page, give careful thought to exactly what you want your audience to do. Do you want to drive Facebook users to your online store, book an appointment or reservation, contact you, play a virtual game, and watch a campaign video?
The possibilities and opportunities are nearly endless and they all have the potential for increasing traffic to your website. Keep in mind that word, “potential.” The CTA button alone won’t increase traffic to your website. The Call-to-Action button is only one of your valuable marketing tools, along with email, social media, and your website.
The good news about adding a CTA button to your Page is that it takes only about three minutes to create – and it’s free!