Learn how to Retrieve Deleted Facebook Messages. If you want to Retrieve Deleted Facebook Messages on Ipad or Mobile device you need to enter your facebook account through the browser of your device.
UPDATE: NEW ARTICLE ON HOW TO RETRIVE FACEBOOK MESSAGES 2014:
It could be a good or bad thing, but it’s the truth; nothing can really be completely deleted from the internet. So, for your Facebook messages that you thought you had completely lost and would do anything to retrieve them, take heart, we will definitely show you how to get them back. Facebook messages are a client that follows this principle off the internet too, so once you think that you have deleted them, you actually haven’t.
Deleted facebook messages are actually archived
Anytime you delete a Facebook message, it is automatically sent into the archive folder. So if you want to get your old messages back, it will be a matter of a few steps to recover your deleted facebook messages. This however will work simultaneously for the chats that you accidentally deleted and in the same way for the bad conversations that you permanently wanted to forget about. Be warned, so as not to be astonished by getting messages that you thought were completely banished.
Steps to retrieve deleted facebook chat messages
Anyway, to get these old messages you sent via Facebook, the process is very simple.
- First of all ensure you are logged into your Facebook account. In order to retrieve the messages you will be required to log in into your Facebook account or the account you want to retrieve messages from.
- Go to your messages tab and click on the see all drop down option. You will see a number of actions here. The message icon is easily located on the top left corner of your screen.
- You then click on the “more” icon that is located on the upper left hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the archive option.
You will be amazed at the number of Facebook messages you can retrieve way back to the years you opened your account here. You thought they were gone forever, but they are all here, very intact and just as they were when you deleted them. You can perform a number of actions on these archived messages; you can decide to delete them once and for all, this time without archiving them or you can opt to retrieve the messages. To do this;
- Click on the conversation. This will select the conversation that you want to act on.
- Click on the actions drop down menu, and if you want to delete the message, click on the delete conversation option.
Under the same tab, you can also perform several actions like reporting the message as spam, muting the conversation, opening in chat, marking it as unread and also unarchiving the message. For you to retrieve or unarchive the message;
- Simply click on the Unarchive conversation option. This will see the message is sent back to your inbox folder.
See your retrived deleted Facebook messages
To view your message, just go back to your message tab, click on it and search through the date to see the message you just recovered. For easier access, you can mark the message as unread and it will appear among the top in your inbox folder.
Not once or twice have you deleted a message accidentally and you really wished you could get it back. The above steps are the quickest way to ensure you do not lose much of your needed content after deleting a Facebook conversation. However, if by any case you delete the messages in the archive folder, this is a permanent action and you can never retrieve them again. The only to retrieve deleted facebook messages you can archive are those you deleted in your inbox folder.