Most of know at least one person who seems to be constantly rearranging things. They just can’t leave things as they are – furniture, desk accessories, pantry contents, clothes in the closet, etc.
Facebook acknowledges the inner rearranger in all of us and has granted us the power to rearrange certain of our Facebook Pages functions.
If you don’t like how the apps and tabs are arranged on your Page, here’s the quick-and-easy on how to rearrange them:
- Log in to your Facebook account and click “More 6” below your Page’s cover photo.
- Select “Manage Tabs.”
- Click and drag to move an app or tab.
- Click “Save.”
It really is that simple.
Still in a rearranging kind of mood? You also can change the order of sections on the left side of your Page’s Timeline. Rearrange sections from most to least frequently used, or alpha order, or whatever order you please. For instance, if you don’t have any Apps on your page, move the Apps section toward the bottom. Get a lot of posts? Consider relocating the Posts section up.
- Hover over any section and click on the pencil icon !.
- Click on “Manage Sections.”
- A window appears and displays a list of sections that can be rearranged like Music, Places, Friends, Events, Movies, Games, Likes, Groups, etc.
- Click and drag to rearrange sections more to your liking.
- Click “Save.”
NOTE: the “People” and “About” sections of your Page will always appear at the top.
Since you are on a rearranging roll, what about showing or hiding sections? Hiding a section is sort of an extreme form of rearranging it, yes?
- Log in to your Facebook Account and click on your user name at the top of the page.
- Allow your Timeline to fully load, then hover the mouse over the “About” header on the left side. The “Edit” icon will appear.
- Click on the Edit icon and choose “Edit Sections.”
- The “Edit” page enables you to see all the sections that you can show or hide.
- Locate the section you want to hide and uncheck the box next to the icon and name of that section.
- Finished? Be sure to click “Save,” to preserve your updated selections.
NOTE: hidden sections can’t be viewed by you or your friends. To make your hidden sections viewable to you, set them to visible on your profile. Want to know how your profile looks to the public? Use the “View As” function located as a drop down menu option of your Activity Log.
NOTE: you cannot hide the About, Photos, or Friends sections.
Before the rearranging mood completely wears off, what about your custom tabs? Are there any that no longer serve a useful purpose? You can “rearrange” them by removing them:
- Click the “Profile” button located in the upper right corner of your Facebook home page.
- Click the “Edit” link located below your tabs (on the left side of the page). If you can’t find the Edit link, click on the “More” link under the tabs. This will reveal the rest of our tabs and the “Edit” link.
- Click on the “X” button to the right of the tab you want to delete.
NOTE: the Info and Wall tabs cannot be deleted. They are integral to your Facebook page.