Not everyone who blogs uses a dedicated blogging platform or website. Perhaps you’ve thought about creating a blog but are a bit shy about such an undertaking, uncertain about audience interest, or reluctant to commit to the effort maintaining an active blog can require.
Have you considered creating a Facebook “blog”? Your target audience might be small (for now). It may be comprised of family members, a small network of Facebook friends, or Facebook organization. Blogging by Facebook can be a great way to build and refine your blogging skills. Now, all you need to know is how to create a Facebook blog.
Facebook Notes – the Facebook Way to Blog
The first step toward creating your Facebook (FB) blog is to know about the FB feature, “Facebook Notes.” Notes enable you to share a larger amount of text content than will usually fit in the “Status Update” box.
Creating Facebook Notes
It’s easy to access and create Facebook Notes. Here are the steps:
- Access your Facebook profile and click “More.” A dropdown menu of features will appear, including “Notes.”
- Click on Notes to create a new FB Notes.
- Write your Note.
- Select your audience.
- Click “Publish.”
Need some illustrations for your Note? Add photos. Here’s how:
- Go to your Note and click “Edit.”
- Click “Upload File” to choose a photo or image from your computer.
- Give your image a caption and choose one of the layout options (located to the right of the Note).
- Decide where you want to locate the photo by moving the “Photo ID Tag.”
- Click “Publish.”
Want to edit a Note you’ve already written?
- Click “Edit” (located to the right of the Note’s title). Edit your Note.
- Click “Save.”
Deleting a Note that you’ve written:
- Locate the Note you want to delete (click on the title to view the entire Note).
- Click “Edit” (at the right of your Note).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, click “Delete.”
- Confirm that you want to delete the Note.
NOTE: once your Note has been deleted, it is gone. You can’t undo the delete. Also keep in mind that you may only delete those Notes that you have created.
Facebook Notes open up a blogging world for the individual, organization or business that wants to post longer messages. Consider some of these content possibilities:
- How-to’s, recipes
- Product, book, service reviews
- Promote events
- Share personal stories
- Mix narrative with photos to illustrate products
- Show results of informal voter or customer polls
The Status Update format limits you to a 420-character message. Facebook Notes enables you to expand well beyond that limit. You can also compose your blog with word processing software like MS Word, and then cut and paste the article into your Notes.
Remember that you determine who reads your notes. Anyone in your “readership” group can see your Notes and comment on them. The friends of the readership you tag also can see and comment on your Notes.
Facebook Notes is a flexible blogging tool. It may be a great way for you to begin your blogging experience.